We follow the C.B.S.E curriculum. At Secondary level streams offered are:
We provide English, Biology, Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects and Hindi/Computer Science as optional subjects.
We provide English, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects and Hindi/Computer Science as optional subjects.
We provide English, Business Studies, Accountancy and Economics as compulsory subjects and Hindi/Maths as optional subjects.
The successive academic results of JNVs in public examinations conducted by CBSE and the records about placement of students after passing out from the Vidyalayas are a clear pointer that the Samiti is moving in the right direction.
Medium Of Instruction
In view of the fact that most of the students admitted were taught earlier through the medium of the mother-tongue/regional language, instruction is provided in same medium upto Class VIII during which time intensive teaching of Hindi & English both as language subjects and co-media are undertaken through skilful use of the media and modern techniques of teaching languages, so that switch over to Hindi/English after Class VII or VIII presents no difficulty. Thereafter the common medium in all Navodaya Vidyalayas is Hindi (for Social Studies and Humanities) and English for Mathematics and Science.
Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation
Education is a unique investment and accountability is possible only through a well planned mechanism of assessment with reference to its objectives. Examination in 'its traditional sense has failed to achieve the objectives of education. Introduction of the Scheme of Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation is, therefore, the only alternative to de-emphasis the system of external examinations. The Scheme has been introduced effectively in all the JNVs since 1989-90 with the following objectives:
- To make evaluation an integral part of teaching learning process.
- To use evaluation for improvement of students achievement and teaching learning strategies on the basis of regular diagnosis followed by remedial instructions.
- To make a sound judgment and to plan timely strategies on the basis of regular diagnosis followed by the remedial instructions.
- To facilitate sound judgment and to take timely decisions about the learner, learning process and the learning environment.
- To maintain desired standard for performance using evaluation as a quality control device.
- To provide scope for self-evaluation by teachers and students. Special training has been provided to the Principals and teachers to ensure maintenance of CCE records in proper order.